Monday, March 20, 2006

The Gate

My nephew doesn’t like sleeping alone. He likes sleeping with either his mom or dad. During these few weeks, he sleeps with his dad every night.

First of all, let me tell you about our house we live. All of their bedrooms are on an upper floor but the reading room is on a lower floor.

Last night, I heard something interesting from my nephew.

N: nephew B: my brother M: me

My nephew went down to the reading room and talked to his dad.
N: Dad, you always keep me waiting for you. You’re late every night.
B: Sorry, son. Give me one second.
N: One. Time’s up.
B: O.K. Give me 5 minutes please.
N: You have just used your last chance to go up late. You won’t be late anymore.
My brother concentrated on replying emails. He didn’t answer his son.
N: Dad, you have to go up within a minute.
B: Why?
N: because mom said she would lock the gate very soon.
I could hardly keep from laughing.
M (hahaha): even the gate was closed, you can open it easily.
Then my nephew looked angry with me but I was still laughing.
At last, my brother went up with his son.

What the gate is…
the one on the upper floor to keep a baby off the stair. We placed it there when my nephew was a baby. You can either open or close it easily.

In his mind, when the gate is closed, it means that nobody can go up or down in the house. But, he doesn’t know that when he’s sleeping, all adults in the house always break this rule. (horhorhor!)

No comments: